Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chinese New Year Spring Cleaning

clothes

As usual Chinese New Year (CNY) is a time for my family to spring clean the house with my mom’s help. My brother will take care of his room and i will take care of my room plus the washing of the toilet, bathroom, sweep and mop the floor.

Before i spring my home, i spend some time with God and prayed that HE will helped me to finish the cleaning early and of course, thank God, HE did. He not only helped me to pack and tidy up my room quickly, i believe HE also helped me to realise that i kept too many things and unwilling to give away those that are in good condition.

Usually when it comes to packing my wardrobe, i don’t feel good in giving away some of my clothes. Most of the time i will have the thinking that “humm…this one i like it, but i seldom wear, but let’s wait and see, maybe i need this some day…” With this mentality i end up having a wardrobe full of clothes and took a long time to pack.

This time while i was packing and sorting my clothes, i realised that i have 2 fleece jackets, 4 wind-breaker, a few clothing that are nice but not so fitting (big) for me. I began to think “do i need so many fleece jackets and wind-breakers and since those clothes did not bring out the best of me why should i keep it, it so nice and by donating out, someone who needs it can wear it.” Without second thoughts, i packed those that i think others can own it to a plastic bag which meant for donation.

Not only giving is a “problem” for me, throwing away old stuff also. This is because i have a “i can’t bear to throw away” mentality. But this time i took out those items, i see the condition and find it even if i keep it, i will not use it and even i give it away, it is too old for others to wear…so i made up my mind, i threw it away.

Praise God for breakthroughs.

Not only that i managed to pack my home wear, outing clothes (for work and for leisure), packed my study table (which clutter with lots of CDs and books and notes…) in no time, thus i can helped to clean the bathroom, toilet, sweep and mopped the floor and after dinner, i ironed my clothes. Finished all these including breaks for dinner by 11pm plus (if i don’t remember wrongly).

Hummm… that’s all….

No comments: