Monday, February 15, 2010

Encouragement cards

DSC00899

The reason i reflect on this topic is because since the day i decided to send my boss an e-card, i began to realise that it has been a long time since i send someone an e-card.

I remembered that more than 10 years ago when the internet was made available to the world, the time when we got so excited when we receive an email as suddenly things got so convenient. Besides receive emails, e-cards was the next hit item on the web. People sending e-cards to wish their friends and loved one having a happy birthday to happy holidays or for some simply disturbing others.

I remembered that i used to print out those e-cards messages and stick it onto my journal book. This is because those words that my mentor or friend wrote to me are so meaningful and uplifting. I find acceptance, hope and love. I thank God for those special memories.

Yesterday, after Sunday Service, one of my cell member talked to me and told me how she was being ‘bullied’ and face some injustice at her attachment. She also shared with me that she found strength and encouragement when she chance upon a card that i wrote to her years ago while she was packing her room to prepare for Chinese New Year. The card that i wrote to her have the title “leave it to God” and through these words she began to resolve in her heart and mind that she will do her best at work and let God do the rest.

Well…i shall make a point to write encouragement cards again to my cell members and my friends.

Note: The birthday card was made by me.