Monday, August 28, 2006

Sunday Sermon: Effective Worshippers

THE HEART OF WORSHIP

WHEN THE MUSIC FADES
ALL IS STRIPPED AWAY
AND I SIMPLY COME
LONGING JUST TO BRING
SOMETHING THAT'S OF WORTH
THAT WILL BLESS YOUR HEART
I'LL BRING YOU MORE THAN A SONG
FOR A SONG IN ITSELF
IS NOT WHAT YOU HAVE REQUIRED
YOU SEARCH MUCH DEEPER WITHIN
THROUGH THE WAY THINGS APPEAR
YOU'RE LOOKING INTO MY HEART

I'M COMING BACK
TO THE HEART OF WORSHIP
AND IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
ALL ABOUT YOU, JESUS
I'M SORRY, LORD
FOR THE THING I'VE MADE IT
WHEN IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
ALL ABOUT YOU, JESUS

KING OF ENDLESS WORTH
NO ONE COULD EXPRESS
HOW MUCH YOU DESERVE
THOUGH I'M WEAK AND POOR
ALL I HAVE IS YOURS
EVERY SINGLE BREATH
Posted by Picasa

I am always amazed at how other bloggers keyed in their thoughts and reflections with so beautiful words and creative ways of writing...but the best part is that they are so enthu about blogging....hmmm..anyway...that's not what i wanna write today...just a thought...what i am going to share is about this song "Heart of Worship" by Matt Redman.

In the first place when this song came out..it was real HOT!...but since last Sunday, this song is more than a song to me...but a song that is close to my heart...this is because I felt that God is encouraging me to spend more time with Him so that I could be more in tune with Him.

This song i picked it out to sing during last cell meeting when God spoke to us five times...truly to be a true worshipper is more than music...is knowing the heart of God...everything we do (eg. serve God) flows out from a love relationship with God, our Heavenly Father...

It is just like we can give without love, but we can't love without giving. It's true...that's why God sent His only begotten Son to die on behalf of our sins. Because He LOVES us so much that HE does not want anyone to perish....but to repent of our sins and receive eternal life....thank GOd that HE is a God of relationship....a God who is not only high and mighty but humble? gentle? i really don't know what word to use...that for those who received His Son, Jesus are being accepted by Him as His children and allowed us to call Him as our "Abba Father" or our Heavenly Father...it's so awesome and amazing...! I am not sure how come i write all these things...not sure whether it really links to what i am supposed to write....but it's okay as who knows one day some one may chance upon it and be encouraged by this few sentences...or who knows...it's myself that get encouraged during sad times...

Come back to the Heart of Worship...
From the words alone, we could sense & see which angle the composer is coming from...from my own understanding is just simply as i am before God...be it when I am weak or strong...just simply come before God and recognise that we need HIM no matter which stage we are in. I agreed with Ps. Chia that in all times or situations praise God....He is worthy to be praised! (What a simple sentence and yet a bit difficult to apply...but no excuse...by God's grace we can and we will). Besides coming to God just as we are...we also come before God with a simple faith...well anything can be complex but not my faith in God...this is my prayer to God. Just simply trusting in God...Today I listened to Ps. Benny Ho's preaching CD entitled "Walking with God" and one of the sentence he said was that if we have faith in God, He is pleased with us...nothing is more important than pleasing God. It's true...and he preached this to break those lies in our mind so that we will not live a live seeking approval from God and wondering is our lives is pleasing with God....we are...as long as we have faith in God. Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

In closing, it's all about HIM...all about Jesus...all about God Almighty....
(Hmmm...God if i didn't get it right please tell me..and for those reading it and felt some thing amiss..kindly let me know...thanks).

No comments: