Sunday, October 08, 2006

cooking

I have been cooking for the pastoral staff for the past three days...the first day (Thurs) i cooked steam promfret + tom yam soup, the second day (Fri) i cooked bee hoon soup + steam promfret with eggplant topped with shredded crabstick meat and the third day (Sat) i cooked seafood porridge (batang fish + shredded fish cake + squid).

Really thank the Lord for helping me to cook up a yummy dinner and lunch for them. Saw their hardwork in planning for next year events and think of ways on how to equip, train & encourage the members to grow in the Lord, to cultivate an intimate relationship with God.

I really wonder that is God teaching me something...as if i was being asked to cook for one day then to me it's coincidence, but co nsecutively for three days it's like i am learning something. If i am not wrong, God is teaching me to do things more confidently through the cooking lessons...learn to listen to instructions as i may like certain cooking methods doesn't means that all will it. Especially on the second day when pastor told me not to put any oil to steam fish...my instant reaction is "aiyoh! not nice leh...!" i reasoned out with her but in the end i still need to obey & follow instructions. A thought came to me after i reasoned was that, what happen if God wants me to do something ridiculous and i reacted in a way i think i am smarter than God? I apologised to pastor for being rude and told her that i don't have the confident to do what seems so strange to me or something that seems "not the right way". (Well thank the Lord for the short lesson, and guess what, today's preaching by Ps. Pang on "what a waste!" is about giving our lives to God and allow Him to tell us to do the "riddiculous" and He will do the Impossible when we agreed to it). Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!

No comments: