Saturday, May 07, 2005

Are you afraid of the dark?

This is a true life encounter and truly it was my first time see my friend who was so paranoid about darkness. I was told by her that she will turn on the lights to sleep daily but I never expected that she has a fear of darkness after she came back from a mission trip to Philippines. (This fear came after she visited the witch mountain).

How i found out she got this fear was that I shared room with her during a church camp few years back and below is the conversation between both of us...

Me: It's time to sleep, let's off the lights...

My friend: NO! I sleep with the lights on.

Me: Oh okay...then i will turn on the bathroom lights at least it will not be glaring ....

My friend: NO! Cannot...I cannot see the lights clearly...it will be dark....

Me: Then...too bad...i sleep with the lights off....(my friend being a young girl - 8 years younger than me....I compromised to her request by letting her to turn on her bed side lights...)

My friend: Sleeping mode....

Me:...Unable to sleep mode.....

About ten mins later, i thought she fell asleep so i went over to her side and want to turn off her lights...but to my amazement...she jumps up and said loudly....NO! DON'T OFF THE LIGHTS!!! and me got a shocked!...After I recovered from that shock, I told her that i will turn on the writing table lamp instead...she agreed...and fell to sleep mode again....

As usual...i climbed out of the bed and wanting to switch off the lamp as i thought she was asleep but she woke up again and said NO! This is amazing...so incredible and in the end, i told her that i have a torch light and she could keep herself accompany using the light that shines from the torch light. She agreed and this time round both of us fell asleep till the next morning.

Next Morning...

My Friend: How come the torch light is off? You turn it off for me???

Me: Hello...the torch light accompany you to sleep for a few hours already and it's out of battery by now! (Besides batteries don't have eternal life like us Christians)

My Friend: Hahahahahaha......face turned red.....

Me: Joke of the morning!

No comments: