Wednesday, May 18, 2005

TEARS


Picture found from http://www.trekearth.com/themes.php?thid=941 Posted by Hello

The above picture was named "Tears"

How come I would write on this topic tears? Well, as I am sweeping the floor and praying at the same time - rather talking to Father God, some things in my heart and I told Him that I want to cry and I began to recall the time at age 19, how I prayed to God that I want my tears back.

I was being brought up in a family culture that crying was not good. Maybe the adults don't know how to handle when a kid cries...so by the age of 17, i tell myself not to cry even in tough situations. (I see my mom that even how tough the family situation is or sometimes she quarrelled with my papa, she did not show out her grief or sadness or hurts in terms of tears.
Therefore, in my mind, I some how taught myself that adults cannot cry...and I have problems seeing people cry, especially in church when I was at age 13. To me adults cannot cry).

But I really thank God was that I told Him that I need back my tears, i need to express out how I feel, my emotions....God did answered my prayers.

I read in a small 15min. devotion book by Dr. Ruth Fowke - A Way through Depression, how an article on "Precious Tears" thought me something - that if we divert a child away from his or her tears he/she would learn to suppress his/her tears and in time might become unable to express, or even accept, the powerful feelings behind the outward show of tears. (Paraphrased).
But if an adult cuddled the child when he/she is hurt (to let the child feel safe and secure as to the hurt he/she was experiencing), until the pain abated, then played with him as before, that way the child's confidence and his/her ability to handle the knocks of life would be built up.

Wow, what a powerful effect tears can contribute in our lives. But what I really like and appreciates is that God - our Heavenly Father keeps our tears in a bottle (Psalm 56:8)!
I really wonder how big or huge is that bottle!

Okay...that's some thoughts about tears....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, dear...tears are precious to God. I luv tis article. I am a crybaby...can flood the whole place pattern...so I knw. Becos I am precious to Him as well! Let's cry tgtr when u hv a need. Silver & gold I hv none, but tears I hv plenty 2 spare...hee ;p