Thursday, May 05, 2005

HISTORY MAKER

Today's devotion is about Jesus sees us with double vision - He sees us not just as we are but as WE CAN BECOME. (EDWJ - May/Jun 2005 Devotion by Dr. Selwyn Hughes)

Truly, the Lord is my History Maker - He had changed my outlook towards life and telling me that He has a plan for me, a plan to prosper me and not to harm me.

I grew up having thoughts of whether could i be someone who earns big bucks or will I even have a future...this is because i don't do well in my accademics studies. I even flung my Primary 5 and need to be transferred to a primary school that is very low in resources and money...it is a run-down kind of study environment. Even though the school may lack the funds needed to refurbish the environment, the teachers that taught me were encouraging. They encouraged the whole class to ask questions if we could not understand, so different from the elite school that I came from.

To cut the whole life story short, based on my poor accademics results, I really wondered will I become a factory worker or someone who is a office cleaner? When i flung my Primary 5 to my parents at that time was like "oh no...my daughter...has no future...die...haiz....don't know next time how she survive..."

But when I come back to God at the age of 19 on NEW YEAR DAY - 01 January 1995, God changed my whole perspective. Now i am a Certified Accounting Technician - ACCA Diploma holder (I have two accounting Diplomas - LCCI 3rd level higher in Accounting Diploma & ACCA C.A.T Diploma). To God be the glory. Besides these two diplomas, i have other miscellaneous certificates.

I worked for ten years in the accounting field...doing from Full-Sets of Book-keeping to becoming an Accounts Assistant in a big company. I thank God for the wonderful change that He has brought in my life.

I am not being perfected yet...I am still being mold by God..and come to think of it...it is really a miracle that I could study Bachelor of Theology in Assemblies of God Bible College.

To God be the glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are talented, many must have told you that. You surely see that yourself in Christ! Not many see themselves as that.

A liberated life is a broken (analogy of a broken pot, being in flesh) life full of Jesus.

We are all history makers, glory to our Lord! Let's fight a good fight of faith, Amen!? :)